CB-IR(A) Approved Course
£1,035.00 – £1,329.00
This course is suitable if you require an approved course to achieve your UK CAA or EASA IR theory, and are following the competency-based approach. Please visit our instrument ratings information page if you are unsure if this rating is suitable for you.
This is an EASA and UK CAA Approved course. When you enrol you will be signed up with both our EASA and UK CAA approved Aviation Training Organisations, which will allow you to sit either or both EASA and UK CAA exams.
What is included in the price:
- ATPdigital CBT software – available on Mac, iPad or Windows computers. You can find the software requirements here https://www.bristol.gs/revision-courses/downloads-and-links/
- 8 hours of online ground school or 8 hours of in-person ground school at our Clevedon, UK training centre
- 12 months free subscription to the Bristol Question Bank – BGSonline *please note your subscriptions start from the date of course enrolment*
- Support from our World-Class Instructors
- Technical software support throughout your studies
- Optional, printed training manuals (discounted)
If you would like to combine your online learning with traditional training methods we can supply you with a set of printed training manuals as an optional extra. The content of the manuals is broken down by subject and chapter, with thousands of diagrams supplementing the text, and highlighted call-outs emphasising important facts.
These are offered at a discounted price (£259 + shipping instead of the normal price of £357) when purchased at the same time as the course.
Our ground school training sessions are delivered at ATPL level meaning they will go into more detail than what is required for the CB-IR(A) syllabus.
What isn’t included that you will also need to budget for:
- CB-IR(A) exam fees (each exam authority sets their own price. The UK CAA’s cost, bookable through their website), 7 exams in total. Austro Control exams cost – find out more here
- Food and accommodation during in-person revision weeks and exams (available locally from £25 per night)
- Shipping costs for any printed material (the cost of postage will be available to you once you reach checkout)
- A Jeppesen Airway Manual – GSPRM
- A CRP-5 navigation computer
- A commercial navigation protractor
- A precision drawing set
- An exam approved calculator
You may have some or all of these items already. If you do not, you may order these items individually or purchase a study kit that contains everything you need (see either below in ‘you may also need’). Please note that you will need these items during your course.
You may also want a subscription to the BGS Webinar Library (recorded webinars)