The Somerset forecast suggests heavy snow tonight, difficult driving conditions Thursday night and Friday but temperatures climbing (just) above zero on Saturday. Obviously we will keep an eye on things and let you know on FaceBook if anything changes.
Specialist Aviation Training
Europe’s leading EASA ATPL distance learning specialist
Now in operation for over 24 years, Bristol Groundschool is Europe’s leading provider of modular distance learning courses for the EASA Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL). Our first-to-market, innovative and intuitive training materials have set the standard for ground school study in the aviation training market, with a proven success rate far in excess of traditional classroom-based or iPad-only learning.
Find out more about Bristol Groundschool’s modular ATPL courses and join us today.
Market leading provider
We are also the market leading provider of ATPL training resources and materials to ATOs around the world, Find out more about joining our global network of ATPL training partners.
CAA Exam changes starting August 17
The latest update of the changes being made to the provision of FCL Theoretical Knowledge Examinations using the new delivery platform – Quadrant.
It has been decided to introduce four styles of questions from August 2017, originally it was going to be just one initially. Quadrant will deliver the following answer styles:
- Multiple-choice – the current question style where the candidate selects a single answer from four options.
- Multi-select – candidates must select options from a list to correctly answer the question. This question style will replace some of the current questions where a list of numbered options is provided in the question stem – and the candidate must select the correct group of options in the answer.
- Inline – involves the correct completion of sentences using a dropdown menu containing words, numbers, or a combination of both.
- Text – type-in-the-answer questions requiring the input of keystrokes. This style may be used to answer calculation-type questions, or questions requiring the extraction of data from a chart or table.
All questions will be reviewed by the CAA to ensure their suitability to be delivered in this manner and that it does not disadvantage the candidate. The CAA have confirmed they will also be closely monitoring candidates’ comments made during and at the end of each exam to identify questions that may require amending or withdrawing.
The proposed dates for the change-over in each subject category for ATPL, CPL and IR examinations are listed in the table below:
|010 Air Law||14-Aug-17|
|062 Radio Navigation||14-Aug-17|
|091 VFR Communications||21-Aug-17|
|092 IFR Communications||21-Aug-17|
|040 Human Performance and Limitations||28-Aug-17|
|061 General Navigation||04-Sep-17|
|033 Flight Planning and Flight Monitoring||04-Sep-17|
|071 Operational Procedures||11-Sep-17|
|021 Airframe and Systems, Electrics, Powerplant, Emergency Equipment||18-Sep-17|
|022 Aircraft General Knowledge – Instrumentation||18-Sep-17|
|031 Mass and Balance – Aeroplane & Helicopters||02-Oct-17|
|081 Principles of Flight – Aeroplane||02-Oct-17|
|082 Principles of Flight – Helicopter||02-Oct-17|
|032 Performance – Aeroplanes||09-Oct-17|
|034 Performance – Helicopters||23-Oct-17|
NOTE: The dates for September and October may change dependant on any problems encountered with the initial delivery.
The precedent for this style of questions has already been set in Europe. Quadrant has been implemented for FCL examinations in New Zealand, Australia and Singapore with no major problems.
A short video presentation has been made available by the CAA which appears on their website and also the Tasman Candidate Portal.
As we have further updates we will update our website.
The best online ATPL question bank – bgsonline
- Over 15,000 ATPL(A), ATPL(H)/IR, CPL(A) and IR multiple choice exam questions.
- As an on-site EASA examination centre we have the benefit of regularly updating our question bank following student feedback. Approximately 100 new questions added every month.
- Questions have detailed explanations and illustrations.
- Practise exams and progress monitoring.