Your right to privacy is important to us. The following terms are provided to explain how we collect and use information about you so that you can make an informed choice about using the Website and our services.
What is Personal Information?
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services and make an enquiry.
We collect personal information from you and any devices you use when you: Enrol on our course, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account.
Some of this personal information, such as a way to identify you, is necessary to fulfil the requirements of the licencing authority we operate under. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order for us to deliver a decent service to you.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing.
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customise site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages and postal mail.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To enforce our terms and conditions, this privacy notice, or other policies.
- To comply with the licensing regulations of the Authority under which we operate.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
Each log entry includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the client used (typically, though not necessarily, the IP address of the personal computer (PC) used), the type of client used (typically, though not necessarily, the type and version of web browser used), the URL of the page (or object) requested, the URL of the previous page (or object) requested (known as the ‘referrer’ and could relate to this Website or another), and the reference number stored in a cookie created by the Website (if one exists). BGS logs additionally contain the username used to access restricted areas of the Website.
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, or text.
- Provide you with marketing from third parties.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- Western Logistics Ltd, to provide shipping
- UK CAA, to comply with licensing regulations and auditing
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection: Helestal Ltd, Worldpay, Xero ltd & the UK CAA
- Third party shipping providers (e.g., Western Logistics, Royal mail, DHL, UPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
- Conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for;
- Ensuring GDPR Compliance
- Data protection Awareness and training
- Monitoring Processes
To reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.