Europe’s leading EASA ATPL distance learning specialist
Our highly-rated fixed wing and helicopter training materials have set the standard for ground school study in aviation, with a much higher success rate than classroom-based or iPad-only learning.
With Bristol Groundschool, you can choose to sit exams when you feel ready, rather than according to a set schedule, and you’ll be able to fit in revision around other commitments, such as work.
Our course includes:
- ATPdigital – our own computer-based training program, which you’ll work through before your exams.
- BGS Online – the leading online question bank. This has thousands of example questions for you to revise from, in preparation for your exams.
- Revision weeks (3 in total) to help you with any tricky areas and consolidate your learning. You’ll attend a revision week before each week of exams (currently posptponed during ‘lockdown’).
- Webinars during ‘lockdown’ to help progress your learning while at home.
Why choose Bristol Groundschool?
For each module you just have to complete 3 steps
- Complete online learning using ATPdigital and BGS online
- Attend 1 week of revision
- Sit the exams for 1 module
Then repeat the process for the next 2 modules. We’ll be there to support you and answer any questions during your time with us.
Maths and Physics
These are tested in ATPdigital only, you are not required to sit a formal exam. This module is used as a refresher for you if you have not studied the subjects in a while and it also satisfies the regulatory requirement that ensures your level of knowledge is sufficient for the remainder of the course.
ATPL Module 1:
- 022 – Instrumentation
- 061 – General Navigation
- 050 – Meteorology
- 040 – Human Performance and Limitations
ATPL Module 2:
- 062 – Radio Navigation
- 021 – Airframe and Systems, Electrics, Power Plant and Emergency Equipment
- 010 – Air Law
- 033 – Flight Planning and Flight Monitoring
- 090 – Communications. This subject has two separate exams: VFR Communications and IFR Communications, but we combine them on the course.
ATPL Module 3:
- 071 – Operational Procedures
- 081 – Principles of Flight
- 032 – Performance
- 031 – Mass and Balance
Your ATPL theory course with Bristol Groundschool will take from six months to nearly 2 years depending on your circumstances.
The only restriction you have is you have 18 months to complete all your ATPL theory exams from the date you sit your first exam.
Before you start your ATPL theory course, you must have a PPL issued to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.
“I really can’t speak highly enough of Bristol Groundschool, from the course material that actually makes dull subjects interesting, to the very capable and superb instructors at the revision weeks. Thank you.”
To register for our ATPL(A) or (H)/IR distance learning courses, simply visit our shop page to complete our course registration form.
Our ATPL (A & H/IR) course fees* are as follows:
Module 1 £1510
Module 2 £470
Module 3 £470
Complete package £2450
The exam fees are not included in the cost of the course. Students can sit either UK CAA exams or Austro Control exams here at Bristol Groundschool.
“I would like to congratulate you for the fantastic ATPL material you offer – well designed, simple to understand, and the thing I like most is the course progression graph!”
Buy a Bristol Groundschool course